Anything and Everything
“How you do anything is how you do everything.”
We are creatures of habit. We have behavioral patterns. We get used to doing things a certain way. And a lot of times, we're not aware of them.
Do you always say sorry, even when the situation doesn't require it?
Do you always find yourself in brunches and dinners with people you don't enjoy hanging out with, because you couldn't say no to their invitations?
Do you always end up with unfinished projects? Ideas that never come to fruition?
These patterns also bleed into other aspects of our lives. Again, "How you do anything is how you do everything."
- Do you end up cramming tasks and projects because you've been avoiding them the past days and weeks?
- When going for out-of-town trips, do you buy and pack everything the night before?
- Do you renew your license and other documents at the last minute too?
- Do receipts accumulate in your wallet, because you skip recording expenses every night and then throwing them out? (This is something I've been trying to fix.)
- Do household chores pile up, because you always push them for later?
We must be intentional about how we do anything, even the littlest things. Because every action solidifies our identity. Who do you want to be? Make a conscious decision to become that person now.